Sunday, August 26, 2007

Daily Menus, etc.

Here's a smattering of the daily menu offerings at the Hyundai Learning Center:

Breakfast:
-Rice
-Sliced hot dog stir fry
-Mystery meat sausage
-at least 2 kinds of kimchi (spicy cabbage/radishes/greens)
-Milk (1% or strawberry)
-White toast with butter and strawberry jelly (my saving grace)
-Coffee (instead of replacing the grounds every time they just pour more water in, so by the third round, you just have brown water)

Lunch:
-Rice
-Meat stir fry (either fish or pork or beef or combination)
-Mystery soup (one day we had miso, but that's all I've been able to identify)
-At least 2 kinds of kimchi
-Nori packets (dried seaweed)
-Yogurt drink (tastes like melted skittles)

Dinner:
-RICE
-Grilled or sliced meat/fish, sometimes omelet-like things
-Mystery soup
-Last night we had potatoes
-At least 2 kinds of kimchi
-Yogurt drink

As I've said in the past, I would like to try dog while I'm here...but judging by what I've eaten so far, I may have already eaten it and just not known :)

Yesterday I went to church and it was really neat to worship in a different country. We went to an English speaking service and the worship was so...genuine. Everyone seemed so sincere. It was a breath of fresh air. Hil and I decided we want to start a Bible study, and there are a fair amount of other Christians here, so we might meet up with them. There's one really nice couple, Nate and Jessica, who seem really interested.

Yesterday we also had a traditional Korean dance lesson. It was like 3 hours of aerobics. Very interesting, though...the guy who was teaching us is a very famous traditional dancer here. He was pretty amusing.

Well, I have a seminar about Korean culture in half an hour, so I better go.

Until next time,

Jess

4 comments:

Linda said...

You are bringing back funny memories. My kids used to call it Price. We don't like price mom...I said to them The Price is Right.....groan!!!!!

Love you!

COURTNEY said...

Oh so very jealous!

Have fun dancing aerobically and eating an odd assortment of food... I believe my family tried monkey and donkey while in China, and you're right- you've probably already eaten it.

I think I would lose weight. ;)

Thanks for writing- I love reading. :)

Monica G. said...

MMMM...Nori and Rice!!! My fav! Its the miso that I'm not so fond of. I have been told repeatedly though, that it is an acquired taste.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica!

Found your blog while searching for Hyundai Learning Center. I'm a Christian too and I'll be teaching through SMOE this August.

For all my searching, I can't seem to find an address for the learning center. I'm trying to figure out if it's pretty close to the rest of town. (I'm bringing my dog with me and I'll have to find a vet to keep him during training week.)

Is the facility close to anything else? Any help you can offer would be AWESOME! Thanks.