Monday, March 24, 2008

Blog Hackers!!!

As I was walking out of my dear friends Trevor and Rachel's lovely flat in the heart of Seoul on Saturday night after spending a relaxing night with Rachel playing Dutch Blitz, eating strawberries and chocolate and teaching their dog, Kimchi, how to roll over on command, I had a fleeting thought:

"Maybe I should've logged out of my Gmail account..."

You see, Trevor and Rachel are undeniably clever. And they mostly use these powers of cleverness to take advantage of unwitting Gmail users who decide to check their email while spending extended evenings at their apartment. Since my blog is part of my Gmail account, I was also left logged into my blog.

Which, in the Olsons' world, is a very dangerous place to be.

I am not the first person to acquire a blog of praises about (and of course written by) Trevor and Rachel. Which means, I should've been more careful. Hence the fleeting thought about logging out. But I drowned that fleeting thought in reassurances of how trustworthy and loyal they are. They are, after all, Canadian.

But not so. So let me take this moment to officially declare war on our maple-syrup making, ice hockey playing, horseback riding neighbors to the north. To Trevor and Rachel:

Life is like a game of chess; one must play with calmly and carefully calculated moves. And I do believe its my turn.


In other news, I'm reading an incredible book. Did she just say "book"? Yes I did. It is a compilation of messages from the 2006 Desiring God conference, featuring such amazing dudes as John Piper, Voddie Baucham, D. A. Carson, Tim Keller, Mark Driscoll, and David Wells. The name of the book is The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World. I actually found it in a bookstore here in Seoul, but the good news for you is that you can read the whole thing online for free! You can click the link above and download it in a PDF file.

Some of the chapters are really academic/theology-oriented, and some are more like sermons or presentations. So far my favorite chapters are Voddie Baucham's and Tim Keller's. I really encourage you to check that out if you're the type to be interested in such things. Doing Sharing in the Union last year gave me a lot of insight into but also frustration regarding postmodern attitudes amongst American youth. The book has shed some light on things for me, which has been helpful.

Anyway, hope all of you had Happy Easters! From me to you~ Sarang Hae (Korean love)!

Jess

No comments: