Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer again!

Hey y'all -

We arrived in Brisbane yesterday morning, and in a spontaneous move decided that we didn't want to really be in Brisbane - we'd rather be at the BEACH! So right now, and for the next few days, we are stationed at Surfer's Paradise (that's the town's actual name) right in the middle of Australia's famed Gold Coast, where the beaches are extensive and the sand is white as snow.


The weather has been perfect so far, and we're looking forward to a few days of sitting in the sand and playing in the waves.

I don't have time to leave an extensive report, but hopefully I will later on this week. Before I forget though, I'll give you the answer to last week's puzzler. The question was:

"What does the following phrase mean in Aussie English: I've chucked a sickie and I've got my budgie smugglers, now I'm ready to hang ten, mate!"

The equivalent phrase is:

"I've called in sick to work ('chucked a sickie') and I have my Speedo ('budgie smugglers' eeeeeewwwwwww), now I'm ready to go surfing (hang ten), my good friend (mate)."

Thanks to all of you who played along :) Until next time!

No comments: