Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Some more Teacher Mail

This one's a keeper. If you can't read it, Right-click on it and save it to your computer, then open it and blow it up.



I was in Lotte Mart tonight shopping for a hair straightner and the song from "That Thing You Do" came on over the PA, sandwiched between two horrible Korean pop songs. It was nice to listen to and ever-so-discreetly lip-sync along.

It just took me about a minute and a half to think of the word "discreet". YIKES.

I judged an English speaking contest today at school. Its nice to feel like an expert at something :)

I don't know if I told you this, but I let my 6th graders pick English names at the beginning of the semester, and I populated the list with names of all my friends and family members. So someday I hope to show you pictures of your Korean "mini-me"s. Its funny how some of their personalities remind me of yours.

Of course, a few were creative and came up with their own names. I have a Zidane (famous soccer player) who sits across from an Inzaghi (another famous soccer player), a Monkey who sits across from a Lion, and a Harry who sits across from a Potter. The most popular girls name is Sunny (which I put on the list thinking that I could never get mad at someone named Sunny), followed closely by Keri/Kari. Steven and Tim are the most popular boys names.

I think that's it. LOVE YOU!

BYE!

Jess

No comments: